Saturday, February 6, 2010

70



My friend Jerry, who went to my high school back home, took me to his friends new pool hall. Apparently I was the first foreigner to ever go there. After hours of playing pool, and eating spaghetti bolognese reminiscent of mums, we went out for more food at Harvest Festival Restaurant. All the food was necessary for all the alcohol that would be consumed later that evening. But in typical Chinese manner, too much was ordered.
Jerry and his friends took me to 70 in the Bund just by the Huangpu River. This club was amazing. Non stop performances by professional dancers wearing only underwear and music so loud my ears were ringing until sunrise. Clubbing in China is pretty unique because of the service. Chivas 18 mixed with iced tea was topped up by staff each time the glass became low, at our own table. And every table has their own staff to do this for them. Drinks are had with the dice game... a fun way to get tipsy. And if all this isn't enough, there's always the dance floor.

No comments:

Post a Comment